Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

deployment of QV application through IIS

Can anybody tell m in my system IIS5.1 is installed and i want to deploy my QV application which QVserever i have to installed ? and its steps also

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

As Steve Dark said, windows XP is not supported officially. So, You may encounter abnormal behaviors.

The suggestion will be to upgrade your OS to Windows server newer versions or if it is your development machine then Also upgrading to win 7 should also be fine.

For your development/test purposes:

For your test purposes, you can try installing IIS 7.5 Express on your Win XP.

But IIS Express is only for development purposes it is not at all recommeneded for Deployment purposes.

You may get going this way but I have never done and don't recommend it.

here is the link to get IIS Express 7.5  http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/868/iis-express-overview/

But, for you best suggestion is to upgrade your OS.

Ashutosh

View solution in original post

7 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there - you don't need to do anything to your IIS setup, as the QlikView install will create the website for you.  When installing QlikView Server you just need to untick the "Single Machine, Full Install" check box and tick QlikView Server, Reload Distribution Engine, Management Console and IIS.  If the IIS option is not available then check your IIS installation is correct.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Not applicable
Author

AS i have qvserver 11 set up nd i read that for this i have to use iis 6 or iis 7 datsy i am thinking whether i have to remove my iis 5.1 or i have to change my server version

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I believe that on one system you will have only 1 version of IIS running.

(It may be possible but I have not seen )

So, 1st install IIS 7 and then install Qlikview server.

I have compiled a basic dosument which shows steps to install IIS 7 with Qlikview 11 SR 1.

Please find it here.

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashutosh,

yes u r right on one system one server will work bt prblm is my IIS is 5.1 on window xp sp3 nd for qvs 11 i need iis6 or iis7 so can u plz guide m wht to do

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there, unfortunately Windows XP is not a supported operating system for QlikView Server.  It may work, but it is not documented.  Do you have a specific requirement to use IIS (the only reason I am aware of for needing it is to use SSL)?  If not, I suggest just doing the Single Machine, Full Install - which will install QlikView's own web server alongside IIS.  The two should play nicely alongside each other.

As I said though; it is not a supported platform, so if you do get it working and you hit a problem down the line you will not be able to get any assistance from QlikTech.  Upgrading to Windows Server is definitely recommended.

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

As Steve Dark said, windows XP is not supported officially. So, You may encounter abnormal behaviors.

The suggestion will be to upgrade your OS to Windows server newer versions or if it is your development machine then Also upgrading to win 7 should also be fine.

For your development/test purposes:

For your test purposes, you can try installing IIS 7.5 Express on your Win XP.

But IIS Express is only for development purposes it is not at all recommeneded for Deployment purposes.

You may get going this way but I have never done and don't recommend it.

here is the link to get IIS Express 7.5  http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/868/iis-express-overview/

But, for you best suggestion is to upgrade your OS.

Ashutosh

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

OK, if you have access to download server, you can download the server reference manul. Page 115 covers the setup of IIS.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.