Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView server update

Hi everyone,

Since I updated Qv server from 10 to 11, the access point required to log. Even if I change the options (cf red square). The server tells me that my licence doesn't allow this change. So, I had a look @ the the LEF, and there's one line  : FORCE _AUTHENETIFICATION ='YES'.....What could that mean?

Can I change the value 'YES' into 'No' ?

login.jpg

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

maybe this can help: in QMC go to QlikView Web Server setting->Authentication tab and set authentication to 'Always'.

regards

Not applicable
Author

Hey thanks for taking time to answer.

Unfortunately, this thing has been checked already, so the 'problem' is still unsolved.

This is main goal of my request :

I just want to give an url to each document cal users to  their attributed documents without being forced to log into the access point.

Before the update of the server, everything worked fine.

I

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You should have the prohibit anonymous check in the QEMC. Also, FORCE _AUTHENETIFICATION ='YES' means you can set the server up for anonymous access.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Yes , you're right , prohibit anonymous is checked.(default?)

But whenever I change it to 'allow anonymous' then apply, a prompt tells me that I'm not allowed to change due to my licence .

Here's the LEF :

DISABLE_COLLABORATION;YES;;

DISABLE_DMS;YES;;

FORCE_AUTHENTICATION;YES;;

NAMED_CAL_BY_MACHINE_ID;NO;;

NUMBER_OF_DOCUMENTCALS;23;;

NUMBER_OF_USERCALS;5;;

PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2012-10-01

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This

FORCE_AUTHENTICATION;YES;;

means you CAN'T  use anonymouse...

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Ok, then how can I change this value to 'NO' ?

Do I have to contact qliktech for that thing?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can't with the license you have. You will need to contact your account manager and upgrade to an Enterprise License.

Not applicable
Author

That's not cool, everything worked fine before the update.I gotta make things right . Thanks

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Ok yamazaki,

If you reinstall the server, do you want to verify that Directory Service Connectors in System>Setup>Directory Service Connectors.

I believe that you have Active Directory integration and doesn´t configure it, and users are receveing authentication page because this.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM