Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView + Google Maps ( not the static API)

Hello,

currently we got an Application that uses QlikView + MS MapPoint for Marketanalysis, which actually works perfectly fine.

But now I'm thinking about doing those Marketanalysis with Google Maps on our Server.

My problem is, that i can't think of a way how to get something like that running...

Right now I only see a single possible solution...

Which is loading QlikView and Google Maps on a Website in 2 different frames. But the question is: How do I get the 2 Frames to interact with each other?

Hopefully, somebody got a hint for me.

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Grevier: I need help with integration Mappoint with QlikView. Could you please guide me through and if possible tell me the steps or give me sampel code. I will really appreciate your help. Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Were you able to integrate with Mappoint?

Not applicable
Author

Another way to integrate maps into QlikView is to use GeoQlik which lets you embed cartographic data in a document and display it according to the data you want to analyze.

Not applicable
Author

Hey - Can you share a sample of the application that integrates Map Point?  I'd love to take a look.  We are just now going down the path of rolling in Map Point.  Currently using Google Maps but have other analytics apps that we'd like to integrate.

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

GIS/Maps Analytics in QlikView is a very interesting topic indeed.

However, there are many technical limitations in using Google Maps (GMaps) to display QlikView KPI indicators. First of all, the drill-down, pan and selection capabilities are quite limited. Moreover, you cannot display several indicators at the same time and on the same map (background + foreground indicators), you are also limited to draw bubbles and therefore you cannot display pie/bar charts nor "real" heat maps. Finally, you cannot display QlikView KPIs on specific Sales/Business Areas with GMaps such as the Bricks in the Pharmaceutical sector (Brick = aggregation of zipcodes).

On top of that, there are also a few "commercial" aspects to be considered since many QlikView customers & channel partners use GMaps API "FREE" Key inside their QlikView server or rich client without complying with GMaps license terms...Indeed, for "professional internal use" (intranet, extranet or internet with username/password authentication to QlikView application), you must buy GMaps API "Premier" which costs about 10,000 $ USD per year or 8,500 euros per year + possible extra fees depending upon the total number of daily hits.

A few alternatives exist such as Open Street Map (totally FREE) or other WMS/TMS services. I hereby suggest you to have a look at our new mapping extension for QlikView 11 SR1 namely "GeoQlik v11.6":

http://www.geoqlik.com/en/geoqlik-for-qlikview/geoqlik-v11.html

Please find hereafter a few screenshots of GeoQlik V11.6 using WMS/TMS services to display QlikView KPIs:

geoqlik_v11_demo_1.JPG

geoqlik_v11_demo_2.JPG

geoqlik_v11_demo_3.JPG

geoqlik_v11_full.jpg

Thanks and best regards,

David

@ Business Geografic