Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subin6600
Creator III
Creator III

Strange Request: Is it possible or not??

Hi Qlikviewers!!

I have a strange request where we the users should be able to edit a field(i.e, have made the field to be input)

And this should be updated and reloaded and distributed as well so that all the users see the latest information.

I have added a macro button which will ensure the edited information to be saved in a QVD and load it with the changes to the main file so that we always have the updated data. Then it relaods the report and saves it.

But the problem is how can we distribute it also when the user clicks on the button??

Like i want the document to Reload, Save & Distribute.

Attaching the dummy application to try on were input field is Budget.

5 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The only way of allowing users to fire off a reload from Access Point is to use a command line to execute a EDX trigger. Search on this forum for EDX.

Hope this helps,

Jason

subin6600
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Jason...

I could reload the report normally by using a batch fine but my request was to distribute the changes to the users as well?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

In Settings > Document Properties > Server ensure "Enable Dynamic Data Update" and "Enable Push from Server" are checked. Then, in QEMC System > Setup > QlikVeiw Servers > :Servername: > Security ensure "Allow dynamic data update" is checked.

Then on every reload the users should get the updated data almost instantly.

subin6600
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jason,

When i was trying to make the changes in the QEMC as mentioned by you my option, Allow Dynamic data Update is not getting checked.

I tick it and when clicking on apply it is chaging back again.

Should i change any other option??

nogap.JPG

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hmmm - I've just checked in the server manual and apparently this option requires a "special" licence, whatever that means.  Maybe I didn't have that option checked before - tick the options in the document properties and see if that's enough.