cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sczetty
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

LDAP Problem during install

I am performing a new install for an evaluation. The install server is running Windows 2008 Datacenter 64bit. The install went unevntful, however now i cannot bring up the EMC nor the management console. The log file shows:

at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection.PopulateList()
at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection..ctor(DirectoryEntry entry, String propertyName)
at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyCollection.get_Item(String propertyName)
at ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider.SetupPath(String _path, String _username, String _password)
at DSC.DirectoryFramework.SetupResource(String _id, String _type, String _path, String _username, String _password, Boolean _enabled, IDictionary`2 _settings)
9/17/2010 15:07:49.7018750 Information (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Looking up RootDSE: LDAP://xxxxxxxx.com/RootDSE
9/17/2010 15:07:49.7175000 Information (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Looking up node: LDAP://xxxxxx-okla.com/CN=Partitions,CN=Configuration,DC=xxxxxxxx,DC=com
9/17/2010 15:07:49.7175000 Warning (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Exception while initializing LDAP://xxxxxxx.com: An operations error occurred.

9/17/2010 15:07:49.7175000 Error Error when setting up ad-DSP with id 7ff17984-2750-44f3-9e0d-c5e463f9bc4e and path LDAPxxxxx.la.com Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80072020): An operations error occurred.

at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection..ctor(DirectoryEntry entry, String propertyName)
at ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider.SetupPath(String _path, String _username, String _password)
at DSC.DirectoryFramework.SetupResource(String _id, String _type, String _path, String _username, String _password, Boolean _enabled, IDictionary`2 _settings)

I have redacted the specific client info above.

From the Windows Application logs I get:

Error when setting up ad-DSP with id 7ff17984-2750-44f3-9e0d-c5e463f9bc4e and path LDAP://komar-okla.com Exception=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80072020): An operations error occurred.

THe server has IIS configured, and it is shut down, we are planning to use the QV access point for user access. I can access the login page, so the web server is running.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 Reply
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Did you reboot the server after installation? If not, do so. After reboot make sure all services are started. Make sure your QVPub identity is a local admin, domain user, QV Admin, and has been granted logon-as-service rights in your GPO. If that does not resolve the problem, stop the services, open C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\DistributionService.xml, specify your LDAP in distinguished format: LDAP://DC=komar-okla,DC=com, save the file and start the services. Finally, if that does not fix the problem, stop the services, rename the QVPR folder, and start the services.

Regards,