Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help Text not visible in Personal Edition of QlikView 11

I downloaded and installed yesterday and I cant view the help topic text for any topic visible in the left pane. I clicked on several topics.Also, do I need a license key for the personal edition?

qlikhelp.jpg

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You don't need a license key for the personal edition.

What happens when you choose a subject or use the index or search tab.

I don't think this is a QV issues, maybe a Windows setting. Does your help file work in other programs or does that give the same results?

Not applicable
Author

I don't have similar help files in other programs. However, I think that this could be a Vista issue. I read that QV is not certified for Vista. I was able to see the help topic text on a WinXP machine. Will need to wirk on XP.

Thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

In addition to what Dennis aptly suggests, make sure you have downloaded the latest documentation installer from the Downloads section.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel

I had done a complete install of the latest available download.

There is no separate download for docs.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Well, it is very unfortunate that  QlikTech will not make the product work on Windows Vista. I don't have access to WinXP or Win7 and have Vista and Linux computers and I am stuck.

Wonder how much effort it is for making ti work on Vista. Most software is made to do so.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am working with Qlikview on Windows Vista and I don't have that problem.

Did you try to re-install?

nivellen11
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have the same problem. I try to reinstal qlik but it wont help. I think it's problem not with qlik but with windows.

I use Win 7 pro x64. Qlik version 11.20. When i try to open qlik's .chm help files on other machine they work properly.