Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Authentication setup through LDAP

Hi Experts,

I am new to qlikview and even in IT.. Can any body tell me, how to Authenticate the users using LDAP in qlikview...I have server-9 edition of qlikview

Thanks.

18 Replies
Not applicable

Were you able to find an answer to your post?  I have the same exact issue and cant find any doccumentation.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

With version 9 you have to write your own connector. Starting with version 10 there is a generic connector you can use.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

I have version 11.  I was under the impression that the connector was for CAL assignment and not for authentication.  I tried to use Configurable LDAP and was able to see all the users to assign CALS but it would only let me authenticate with the local user for the machine.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is correct. You have to write your on SSO page and most people pass the Header to QV.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

I have very little experience with SSO, are you suggesting creating a SSO page from scratch and use LDAP authentication on the back end to authenticate the user.  Thanks again for your assistance.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Qlikview only authenticates against Microsoft. So, if you need to authenticate against another LDAP (Novell, ADAM, etc) you will have to build the front end to do that. Then once you authenicate the user you can pass it to QVS though the header field.

Not applicable

Ok, that makes perfect sense.  The issue i have is the install i am doing the machine is not on the domain so the users can authenticate using Active Directory or LDAP, they are only able to use the local users.  If i understand correctly the only option is to build a front end SSO page to authenticate the user against the Active Directory or LDAP.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is correct.

Not applicable

Thank you very much, you have been very helpful.