Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Back ground colour in expresion

Hi,

I am having some problem in back ground colour in expresion.i given some calculations in expresion-background tab.

when i am selecting fields(list box),it is showing correct background colours based on my expresion.

when i am de-selecting the fields it is showing wrong colours.

can anyone help me..why it is happening.

regards,

baru

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

your function AGGR in the denominator is producing an array of values, associated with the field ASMNAME. When more than one ASMNAME is available, the aggr returns multiple values and the whole expression doesn't work.

You need to enclose the function AGGR in another aggregation function, such as sum() or avg(), depending on your needs.

This expression looks awfully complex for a background color. Can you explain what are you trying to accomplish?

cheers,

Oleg

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

baru,

you need to post either a sample app, or at least the expression itself, to let us troubleshoot your problem.

It sounds like your expressions might be referring to specific field values, and when you de-selecting the fields, the value stops being unique and the expression stops working. I'd need to see the expression to tell for sure.

cheers,

Oleg

adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Have u specified any conditions in the expression of background tab?

That may be the cause of this issue.

The simple idea is that the given condition is satisfied only when making some selections in the list boxes.

Remove the condition if possible or you can also try to give the correct condtion if needed.

Regards

Andrew Hudson

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I think the problem is with the condition. if u don't need to enable the colur with respect to condition then jst disable the condition and right click the field and select custom format cell and add the colour what u want. but this one won't work for conditions. if u need condition based colour then use proper condition.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your Reply,

I am keeping Expression and background expresion here pls help me

i taken back ground coloue expresion is------

=if(count({$<YEAR = {$(=max(YEAR))}, MONTH = {"<=$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH))>$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH)-1)"},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} DISTINCT IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code))
/count({$<YEAR = {$(=max(YEAR))}, MONTH ={"<=$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH))>$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH)-1)"},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} total DISTINCT IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code))
>=
(((((count({$<YEAR = {$(=only(YEAR) - $(=if(only(MONTH) = 1, 1, 0)))}, MONTH = {$(=month(addmonths(MonthYear, -1)))},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} DISTINCT IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code))/
count({$<YEAR = {$(=only(YEAR) - $(=if(only(MONTH) = 1, 1, 0)))}, MONTH = {$(=month(addmonths(MonthYear, -1)))},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} total DISTINCT IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code)))
+(count({$<YEAR = {$(=only(YEAR) - $(=if(only(MONTH) <= 2, 1, 0)))}, MONTH = {$(=month(addmonths(MonthYear, -2)))},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} DISTINCT IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code))/
count({$<YEAR = {$(=only(YEAR) - $(=if(only(MONTH) <= 2, 1, 0)))}, MONTH = {$(=month(addmonths(MonthYear, -2)))},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} total DISTINCT IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code)))
+
(count({$<YEAR = {$(=only(YEAR) - $(=if(only(MONTH) <= 3, 1, 0)))}, MONTH = {$(=month(addmonths(MonthYear,-3)))},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} DISTINCT IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code))/
count({$<YEAR = {$(=only(YEAR) - $(=if(only(MONTH) <= 3, 1, 0)))}, MONTH = {$(=month(addmonths(MonthYear,-3)))},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} total DISTINCT IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code)))
)/3)*'110')/'100'),RGB (0,255,0),

if(count({$<YEAR = {$(=max(YEAR))}, MONTH = {"<=$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH))>$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH)-1)"},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} DISTINCT IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code))
/count({$<YEAR = {$(=max(YEAR))}, MONTH ={"<=$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH))>$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH)-1)"},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} total DISTINCT IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code))
<=
(((((count({$<YEAR = {$(=only(YEAR) - $(=if(only(MONTH) = 1, 1, 0)))}, MONTH = {$(=month(addmonths(MonthYear, -1)))},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} DISTINCT IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code))/
count({$<YEAR = {$(=only(YEAR) - $(=if(only(MONTH) = 1, 1, 0)))}, MONTH = {$(=month(addmonths(MonthYear, -1)))},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} total DISTINCT IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code)))
+(count({$<YEAR = {$(=only(YEAR) - $(=if(only(MONTH) <= 2, 1, 0)))}, MONTH = {$(=month(addmonths(MonthYear, -2)))},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} DISTINCT IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code))/
count({$<YEAR = {$(=only(YEAR) - $(=if(only(MONTH) <= 2, 1, 0)))}, MONTH = {$(=month(addmonths(MonthYear, -2)))},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} total DISTINCT IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code)))
+
(count({$<YEAR = {$(=only(YEAR) - $(=if(only(MONTH) <= 3, 1, 0)))}, MONTH = {$(=month(addmonths(MonthYear,-3)))},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} DISTINCT IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code))/
count({$<YEAR = {$(=only(YEAR) - $(=if(only(MONTH) <= 3, 1, 0)))}, MONTH = {$(=month(addmonths(MonthYear,-3)))},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} total DISTINCT IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code)))

)/3)*'90')/'100'), RGB (255,0,0),RGB (0,255,255)))

i taken expresion is

count({$<YEAR = {$(=max(YEAR))}, MONTH = {"<=$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH))>$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH)-1)"},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code))/

aggr(nodistinct count({$<YEAR = {$(=max(YEAR))}, MONTH = {"<=$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH))>$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH)-1)"},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code)),ASMNAME)

if u have any confusion pls let me know,i will explain.

regards,

baru

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can any one help me in this issue.

regards

baru

Not applicable
Author

Hello Oleg,

Thanks for your Reply,

You are Correct i used field name in expression,this is my expression--

count({$<YEAR = {$(=max(YEAR))}, MONTH = {"<=$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH))>$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH)-1)"},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code))/

aggr(nodistinct count({$<YEAR = {$(=max(YEAR))}, MONTH = {"<=$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH))>$(=max({<YEAR={$(=max(YEAR))}>} MONTH)-1)"},ClosingStock={'>0'}>} IF(AHC_CallDate = MX_DATE, AHCHdr_Outlet_Code)),ASMNAME)

it is showing corect values.

I have given a condition in expression-back ground colour tab.when ia clicking in ASMNAME,it is showing perfect colour, when i am disable the ASMNAME it is showing error colour.

Can u help me.

regards,

baru

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

your function AGGR in the denominator is producing an array of values, associated with the field ASMNAME. When more than one ASMNAME is available, the aggr returns multiple values and the whole expression doesn't work.

You need to enclose the function AGGR in another aggregation function, such as sum() or avg(), depending on your needs.

This expression looks awfully complex for a background color. Can you explain what are you trying to accomplish?

cheers,

Oleg

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

ThankYou verymuch Mr.Oleg,

Finally i got the solution with the help of your reply.Now it seems Perfect colours for values.

regards,

baru