Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to retrieve CAL configuration from QlikView Server

Hi

When using a controled stop and restart of the QlikView Server service, we are losing our User and Document CAL details.

We are running QV10 SR4 server on a 64-bit 4GB 2008 windows 2008 R2 Enterprise server  

The error 'System.Exception: Failed to retrieve CAL configuration from QlikView Server' is reported in the applition error log.

I have seen previous discussions with access denied problems running SR4 as this has only started to occur following an upgrade to this version - has anyone experienced losing the user details when the service is stopped or possible causes?

Many thanks

John

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Following help from our vendor, the issue has been corrected and seems to have been caused by a corrput CalData.pgo file.

After stopping the service and removing all PGO files from the ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer directory we missed the copies (containing the corrupt file) held in the root folder, that where copied across when the service was restarted. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
mr_barriesmith
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

We have experienced odd behaviour when QV9 plugins connect to our QV10 server; including the above.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi John,

I would contact Support for help.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Following help from our vendor, the issue has been corrected and seems to have been caused by a corrput CalData.pgo file.

After stopping the service and removing all PGO files from the ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer directory we missed the copies (containing the corrupt file) held in the root folder, that where copied across when the service was restarted. 

raynac
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

"After stopping the service and removing all PGO files from the ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer directory we missed the copies (containing the corrupt file) held in the root folder, that where copied across when the service was restarted."

This worked like a charm!  Thanks to the now phantom OP for posting the solution.

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@mr_barriesmith @raynac 

I hope you are not running Qlikview versions 9 and 10 in your environment.  Kindly see the  End of Support for Qlik products follows Release Management Policy, as documented in the Product Terms found on the Qlik SiteOn-Premise Products Release Management Policy

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Product-Lifecycle/QlikView-Product-Lifecycle/ta-p/1826339

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/QlikView-Release-Management-and-End-of-Suppo...

raynac
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Jill,

Definitely not.  My clients are running 12.  But this solution still worked for me yesterday.

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@raynac  Thank you for your response.  Yes the solution will work for any version of Qlikview with the error "Failed to retrieve CAL configuration from QlikView Server" since this is stored in PGO files.  I was just concerned if the environment is still running unsupported version.