Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elbertfjr22
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

NFS File System for QVS Root Folder

Hi guys,

I have 5 clustered QlikView Servers setup. For QVS Root Folder, can I use NFS file system volume?

My first thought is NO, becuse NFS don't have an ACL found in Windows NTFS file system. But if I use DMS authorization will it work? I'm currently on my initial testing and I'm able to get it to work. Got 1 error message when adding user authorization on the QV application/file but generaly it is working fine. I can open the application on both Plug-in and Ajax. Authorization is working, users that I added User Document/Authorization tab can see the list of application. But still I'm not positively sure that NFS file system will work for QVS Root folder.

I appreciate if you could share your opinion on this.

Thanks,

Elbert

1 Reply
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This should work without any problems. This is just a different way to store data physically and that is what Novell users. If Windows can read it you are fine. The only problem is you have to use DMS mode for security and not NTFS

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.