Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exception=System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Error: The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Error:  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

Error:  at System.IO.File.Replace(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, String destinationBackupFileName, Boolean ignoreMetadataErrors)

Error:  at QVBWrapper.Document.ReplaceSourceFile(ILogBucket logBucket, String replaceFromFileName, String replaceToFilename)

Error:  at QVBWrapper.Document.Save(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_SaveAsFileName)

Please some one help me..

21 Replies
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

Hi Scott,

It seems no luck today, IT has disabled anti-virus scan to that Qliktech folder in the following path

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech",

still getting the error named : System.IO.__Error.WinIOError .

So can I conclude that anti-virus scan is not the reason for the task failure ?

Any clue on this?

PFA the log file.

Regards,

Gargi

Not applicable
Author

Yeah, that seems to be something else happening with the server.  Once I set my antivirus to ignore the entire C:\QlikView folder and subfolders, it worked.

Sorry I couldnt help any further than that.

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

Hi Scott,

Got a reply from support if that worked will let u knw.

Regards,

Gargi

mellerbeck
Creator II
Creator II

I got the same error, no antivirus on my qlikview server. Any other thoughts.    

Not applicable
Author

See if you can modify the file name.  I have seen in the past where the file was locked by an unknown source.  Usually I have to restart the server if that happens.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just to let everyone know, I received this error (Error Failed to generate QVW files.. Exception=System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\temp\6d0fa150-8681-44cc-b7c4-718b7cbe8738\document.qvw' because it is being used by another process.) using V11 IR. The ultimate cause had to do with trying to apply a loop and reduce against a field that had possible AND NOT POSSIBLE values due to a one and only one selection. The loop and reduce would process the first 2 "possible" values fine, and then produce the error when it got to the "not possible" selection, instead of just skipping over to the next possible value. So we had to remove the one and only one selection to make it work.

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

Hi Mellerbeck try the below setting:

1. In the Developer client, if you go to Help\About QlikView and then
  right-click the logo in the lower left corner, you will receive a Settings
  dialog where you can scroll down to the PDFPrintTimeoutInSeconds setting

and set the value to a higher value in seconds.

2. OnServer level you will need to edit in the Settings.ini file located in C:\Documents
  and Settings\Default User\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch\ by
  adding the PDFPrintTimeoutInSeconds=30 under the [Settings 7] tag
  somewhere. There is no need to restart any services after adding this, as
  the QVB process reads the Settings.ini every time a QVB process is

launched. *

Cant say surely but give a try! wish you luck !

Reagrds,

Gargi

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

Hi Phil!

It would be great if it works as I m still struggling to reason out of this issue for the last 2 mnths:

In my case I have to loop around the field "Ancestor_Id" wise which is in total 2334,so at the end I should get 2334 PDF's in the destination folder path mentioned in the publisher but how to proceed from your solution, can you please guide me? It succeeds some time & some time fails , that make me conclude there are 2334 possible values right, lemme knw if some way I m going wrong.

It will be great help if I succeed in resolving this issue !!

Thanks Phil,

Regards,

Gargi

mellerbeck
Creator II
Creator II

Will this be the case even if I don't use PDF printing at all?

mellerbeck
Creator II
Creator II

I'm not using any loops or reducing. It is not a consitant failure, it seems completely random, and happens to various random different qlikview while reloading on the portal.