Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

identifying the user consuming the qvs

Our endusers are allowed to create sheet objects through Access Point (IE Plugin).  Does anyone know how to identify the user name or ip address of the user who's created a bad sheet object and is consuming the cpu/memory of the QVS?

Thanks, Rob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Task Manager >  Performance Tab > Then press the resource manager button.  Click on the qvs process, and then go to the Network Tab.  Here you can see the ip address of the user who's consuming the most bandwidth through the TCP Connections (which is probably the most CPU as well).

Now open a command line and enter the following:  WMIC /Node:IPADDRESS ComputerSystem Get UserName 

so for example, my command is wmic /node:192.168.555.555 computersystem get username

Now I've got their username.

It's not exactly the best process in the world, but it works for me.  If anybody has a better way of doing it, let me know.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Task Manager >  Performance Tab > Then press the resource manager button.  Click on the qvs process, and then go to the Network Tab.  Here you can see the ip address of the user who's consuming the most bandwidth through the TCP Connections (which is probably the most CPU as well).

Now open a command line and enter the following:  WMIC /Node:IPADDRESS ComputerSystem Get UserName 

so for example, my command is wmic /node:192.168.555.555 computersystem get username

Now I've got their username.

It's not exactly the best process in the world, but it works for me.  If anybody has a better way of doing it, let me know.