Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

OCX: Download Document

Does anybody knwo how to download the Active Document from the server? 

6 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You can download the documents by installing API feature from server,

Also you can download documents from downloads section onm qlikview

http://global.qlik.com/download/

Also if you are using qlikview V10, There is a seperate exe file for documentation.

Which will give you documents related to that version itself.

and can download the same from the site below

http://global.qlik.com/download/

If you want any specific document we can provide you a link.

Anyways all the document is available in the download section

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I guess you misunderstood my question. I want to download the currently selected document (= qvw file) from my qlikview server to the client. No documentation or something like that.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

You wrote ocx so I thought you were refering to OCX documents.

Inorder to download qvw file, you have to enable it from server.

For that go to QEMC --> documents tab --> user document  tab -->   select a particular document --> to the right pane in server setting tab --> check Download option in AccessPoint Access Methods section.

now go to accesspoint you will find an option to download in my preferred client.

Now you can download a particular document you give access to in server.

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

My second description wasn't very good as well.

I want to download the (qvw)document by OCX without using Access Point.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Matthias,

This is an interesting question, but I'm not sure it's possible. At least not between the OCX and a QVS with no webserver inbetween.

To download a file (e.g. from AccessPoint) it is typically a GET request from a cleint (like a browser) to a webserver (like IIS or QVWS). Specifically to download a QVW file off of a QVS, your web server needs to be able to talk to a QVS to get the QVW file in the first palce. This is functionality that is handled by AccessPoint.

So if you mean that you want to download a QVW without AccessPoint installed (or possibly even a web server installed) then I don't think that is possible.

On the other hand, if you are ok with downloading the file from AccessPoint, but just don't want to display the AccessPoint UI (i.e. download the file programmatically from your code - but going through AccessPoint), then I think that might be possible, but not via a documented and supported API. So that has it's own risks, e.g. no support from QlikTech for this custom code, no gaurentee that the next SR won't completely break your code, etc.

Not applicable
Author

You can use the OCX to download documents from QVServer. When you pass the document name to the OpenDocument() API in the OCX you specify the file using qvp protocol instead of the usual C:\foo\..., e.g.

OpenDocument("qvp://host/filename", "username", "userpassword");