Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Automation of Excel outputs

Hi,

We have qlikview server installed in our company NOT qlikview publisher.

We can schedule automatic reloads on the server but is there a way that we can automate outputing files from excel to pecific locations without having to manually do this.

For example, pivot tables are reloaded daily but we are manually exporting them from qlikview.

Regards,

Gregg

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Within the qvw, write a macro that will export charts to excel.   Configure a document trigger that will fire the macro OnPostReload.  Reload the document using a batch file (not the server scheduler).  The batch file would have a line similar to this:  c:\program files\qlikview\qv.exe -R d:\application.qvw

the batch file can then be scheduled to run via windows task scheduler.

when reloading using qlikview server or publisher, macro execution is ignored.. that's why you have to reload using batch mode.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You may want to consider using one of the 3rd party products. -- QvExcel, Nprinting or CIA Reporter.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for that.

I have set everything up, however, I have section access in my script.

Do you know where I would put in the login details if I was to set up a batch file to reload the document?

At the moment, it stalls when trying to open the application.

Regards,

Gregg

Not applicable
Author

hi Gregg-

you can add SERIAL to the section access, and provide the qv serial # for the machine that is doing the reload.  i've attached an example of what i use- note the serial number is separated by 'spaces'

2012-05-08_0856.png

regards,

tammy