Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failing to open a document

Hi,

I am experiencing a strange problem for one of my newly created users. Whenever he tries to open a certain document I get an error message:

QlikOcx

"Failed to open document. You don't have access to this document."

The strange thing is that this user has the same access level as many other, and it works file to open other documents. In addition, other users are able to open the document that fails for him.

I am using QlikView 11, QlikView's own webserver and a local user directory.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Magnus

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The NT-name in Section Access has to contain the domain/username of the user or a group that this user belongs to. The file permissions of the qvw have to be in sync with the section access in order to guarantee and provide proper single sign on.When running in DMS the users and groups as specified in the authorization tab of the user document has to be in sync with section access. I don't know if you can modify the error message, but "Failed to open document. You don't have access to this document." covers pretty correct what the problem is.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Does the document have Section Access?

Not applicable
Author

Yes - and now that I think of it the document might actually be empty for that user. Is there any way to get a different error message when that is the case?

Thanks,

Magnus

Not applicable
Author

The NT-name in Section Access has to contain the domain/username of the user or a group that this user belongs to. The file permissions of the qvw have to be in sync with the section access in order to guarantee and provide proper single sign on.When running in DMS the users and groups as specified in the authorization tab of the user document has to be in sync with section access. I don't know if you can modify the error message, but "Failed to open document. You don't have access to this document." covers pretty correct what the problem is.

cjzimm76
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I get the same message, and am using QVS 11.  I have a User CAL. The .qvw used to have section access but I took it out.  Anyone with a User CAL can open it in client but no one can open it in Access Point.  I deleted the .qvw file and the meta and shared file on the QVS and re ran the publish task but still get the same error.