Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem Removing Publisher in v10

Hi All,

I'm having some problem with the QVS after removing Publisher license from the server. I remove the Publisher by deleting the LEF file from the Publisher folder. But after I remove it, I can't view the documents the Document section in QMC/QEMC. In the QMC, there is an error saying that QMS is Off Duty.

Is there a proper way to remove publisher license/functionality?

Note: This is for QlikView version 10.

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes there is a proper way: add another QVS license Surprise

-Alex

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alex,

You mean another QVS license? I already have 1 QVS license in there already. Everything works fine and I can access the documents in the Access Point. But I just can't manage the documents (reload, etc) in the console. If I reapply the QVP license, the console works again. (But I need to remove it since it is not used anymore)

Not applicable
Author

QEMC needs Publisher license. If you delete the LEF file, it won't work anymore.

Not applicable
Author

I thought Publisher is an optional component and the QEMC should work without it?

Not applicable
Author

QEMC is the Enterprise version. Try the QMC

-Alex

Not applicable
Author

The QEMC works both with and without QlikView Publisher. Maybe the way you configured tasks in QlikView Publisher uses more functionality than the one available with QlikView Server (1 reload Task per QVW file, no distribution, no reduction, etc.).

You should also check the QVPR folder.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestion. I uninstalled all the QVS components and deleted all related folders, and it works again after reinstall!

But will definitely try your method again if I face the same issue again.

hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Finally I found a solution.

Launch QEMC, open the system Tab, click on Setup.

Click on the "Distribution Services" folder, delete the URL to the server.

I restarted the QV Management Service and the QV Server service.

The Reload tab is back to me.

I hope it helps you.

hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

It worked in 2 different machines now.

Nice!