Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help on scripting this

I need to set up a pie chart.  The user will select a Campaign in the CampaignName list box and the pie chart will show all of the industry's, from the Industry field that are associated with the Campaign.  If I only had 5 industries this would be no issues as I could just do 5 expression in the chart.  However, I have about 20+ and if more are added in the system I am pulling data from I would have to update the graphs each time.  Any suggestions on how to script this or use set analasys that would pick up all industry's to where if I had 1 or 50 they would all be identified?  Any script example you could share would be awesome.  Thanks much.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sean

You would not normally use an expression for each slice of a pie chart.

In your case, Industry would be the dimension on the chart and you would need a single expression.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sean

You would not normally use an expression for each slice of a pie chart.

In your case, Industry would be the dimension on the chart and you would need a single expression.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi, attached a qvw, i hope can help you.

In the first graphic "Industry" is used as dimension only, select a "Campaign" in the list box and filter wath you want to see.

In the second graphic "Industry" and "Campaign" are used as dimension. In the inner circle appear Campaign.

Maybe need modify colors to make ir more clear.

Sorry for my bad english.

Regards.-