Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server 10 - Document Preload not working?

Just upgraded to QV Server 10 (from 9, SR6)

Document preloads don't seem to be working?

I had numerous documents set to be preloaded "Always" (User Documents, Server Settings) - this was working fine in v9.

However it's not working in v10. I have tried switching "Preloaded" option back and forth from "Always" to "Never".

Restarted QV Services... nothing.

I can verify by checking enterprise mgmt console, Status, QVS Statistics, viewing Open Documents. Screen is empty (unless of course I go open one)

Also by monitoring consumed RAM on the server.

Ideas anyone?

QVS 10.0.8715.5 running on Win Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

We have a very similiar issue using Qlikview v10 and despite having all documents set to preload in the user documents, they are clearly not preloading as they are taking over 5 minutes to open the 1st time (and upon the 2nd time open instantly as now they have been cached in memory)

Thank you

Or
MVP
MVP

While I have had some issues with pre-loading not happening as quickly as I would like (sometimes preloads take 15+ minutes to start after a document is done), it does work for me using QVS10 SR1 (build 8811.6). If you are able to upgrade, you may want to give it a try. If upgrading is not an option, you can schedule a manual open of the file after it finishes reloading, which should force QVS to load it into memory - depending on your timeout settings, this may be good enough for you.

Not applicable
Author

We are already on SR1 and these preloads are meant to happen over night so when we come in the next day the reports are already preloaded - given this we are looking at the reports almost 2 hours after the preload should have completed.

Any ideas how we would go about this alternative scheduled manual opening of the document

Thank you

Or
MVP
MVP

thomasburns wrote:
Any ideas how we would go about this alternative scheduled manual opening of the document<div></div>

Simply open an instance of QV with this file, using the standard command line, e.g.

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" qvp://myServer/myQVW.qvw

You can place this in a batch file and run it with Windows Scheduler. Insofar as closing this window later, you can use another scheduled process with TaskKill (look it up for exact syntax). It's not pretty, but it should get the job done.