Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Teradata Connector - anyone?

hey,

im trying to connect to teradata.

im sure im note the first one to do that....

so, can anyone tell me how?

thnks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

ok,

maybe someone can explain this to me:

im working on a 64bit machine,

QV (local desktop) is also a 64bit software,

ODBC connector for teradata was a connector for 64bit machines,

but only when i downloaded and installed the 32bit connector, did the connection (exact same connection i defined earlier) start working....

View solution in original post

5 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I haven't worked with Teradata but I'm pretty sure there's got to be an ODBC/OLEDB connector.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

i downloaded an ODBC & OLEDB CONNECTOR from the teradata site.

when trying to connect directly from excel, it works, slowly but works. but when trying to do the same via QV, i get an error message:

image.png

any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

oh and by the way, the file mentioned as being missing, exists at the exact location specified in the error.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try to reinstalle the driver and then try. This problem is not related to QlikView this is TeraData Driver issue.

Make sure that you install proper driver, check the operating system and TeraData version while downloading the executable.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

ok,

maybe someone can explain this to me:

im working on a 64bit machine,

QV (local desktop) is also a 64bit software,

ODBC connector for teradata was a connector for 64bit machines,

but only when i downloaded and installed the 32bit connector, did the connection (exact same connection i defined earlier) start working....