Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server object information - please, urgent!

Hi all

I have a server document that takes a huge amount of memory when opens.

We made some checkings and eventually realized it is caused because of a server CH object. (SHARED file is 1.8 GB!)

Does anyone knows how to see server objects information and locate this annoying object?

Thanks

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anatsgll,

Here you are refering Server document as qvw?

CH is used as prefix for charts object ids in a QVW. I suspect that you must have created complex calculated dimensions/ expression which is taking huge amount of memory and time to calculate.

Hope this help,

Anosh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anosh

Thanks for your reply.

I have a qvw that is published iv a qv server.

I know I have an object that have a problem like you discribed but it is a server object (via collaboration) and I'm having a problem locating the specific object..

Any suggestions?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anosh

Thanks for your reply.

I have a qvw that is published iv a qv server.

I know I have an object that have a problem like you discribed but it is a server object (via collaboration) and I'm having a problem locating the specific object..

Any suggestions?

Not applicable
Author

Hello

There is no way to know specifically which object has the problem, you need to figureout what object can be, talking with the users with privileges to create shared objects, maybe for the title of the object, must be very slow object, after that looking in the management console by user and by the title and you can delete the object there....

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Use the QV Power Tools "Shared File Viewer"

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3059

to identify the large chart. Then use the QEMC to server objects pane to delete the chart object. You won't see the shared file get smaller until you use the Defrag funnction in the Shared File Viewer to release the unused space.

I recommend that you work on a copy of the shared file -- not the file in use on the server.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob

Thank you so much for your answer.

I tried using the Shared File Viewer but I don't seem to find the right parameter to identify the chart.

I would be much appreciated if you could help me with that.

Many thanks

Anat

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What type of objects (Type column) do you see when you open the shared file in the viewer? Do you see any particularly large objects when you look at the Length column?

-Rob