Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying a Random set of rows

I need to dipslay 95% of the possible total rows in a table.  Has anyone done this in QlikView - Do I start with GetSelectedCount?  What formula did you use?

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use dimension limit tab to restrict the number of rows. The no of rows should be restricted based on first expression.

use Show only option and use Largest and in the values expression calculate using expression (This expression should give you the exact count of rows using the first expression).

Hope this help,

Anosh

Not applicable
Author

Thank you.  I have had training and done support but not a lot of development.  Is the limit selection on the dimensions tab?  So if I want to return 95% of the customer id's I would set up an expression that takes the GetSelectedCount(Customer_ID) * .95 and the number of rows will be based on this expression?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Randimaas,

Showing 95% of customer ids should be based on first expression. So you need to create a serial no column which contain unique no of each customer and then use serial no in dimension limit.

Please see the attached QVW file in which I have done the same. I am showing 60% of 5 customers. So only 3 customers are getting displayed in chart.

Hope this help,

Anosh