Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Font quality issue when printing to pdf

Hi,

I currently use QlikView 10 SR3, and print my qlikview files to pdf using Adobe Pro.  I find that the tables etc. in the pdf created have a low quality font and can be a little distorted.  The fonts used are Arial and Tahoma.  Has anyone experienced this, and have any ideas to fix this?

Thanks

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi pmpowell,

I'm experiencing the same issue. Have you determined the issue? If so, can you enlighten me? It's quite frustrating!

Thanks

Eric

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi PmPowell,

You might be able to use the option mentioned by Rakesh Mehta here: http://community.qlik.com/message/16152#16152. To process it this way might be slow though.

Cheers,

AWQV

Not applicable
Author

Hi Eric,

I agree, it is frustrating.  I don't know what is causing this issue, but the output looks quite poor.  I've tried a number of pdf writer/creators and their settings.

Have you tried the suggestion by AWQV above?  I haven't had a chance to test this on one of my large files, but on the couple of pages that I have tried, it did work (just a bit slow).  Let me know what you think?

Thanks,

Paula

Not applicable
Author

I did try it and it worked, for my situation. It's definitely a much bigger file (10MB for a 5 page PDF), which might be a problem in the future. For now, it's an acceptable solution.

if anyone else out there has a better solution to get reasonable resolution with a smaller file size, it sounds like at least a couple of people would be quite thankful.

Eric