Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

another tricky part ...

Hi fellow Qliksters...

got one tricky table to build...

Column FLAG_REF is what i'm building.

Depending on column FLAG_ACT_FCST, if the value is ACTUAL, it will go M-1, M-2, M-3 in sequence.

To do this, in the loading script, i'm using the Month value from the first column, and convert it to digit. easy !

BUT, when the column value is FORECAST, i need it to start from F-1, F-2, F-3 in sequence, too.

and the last count should be at the row of DEC.

any idea for how the script should look like?

1502.jpg

Thanks,

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

i need to find a way to clear all the data in the mapping table. so when the next excel is loaded, the mapping table will be reset. because i'm using Rowno() , if i don't clear/ drop the mapping table, the number just increase continuously...

Not applicable
Author

Is by any chance your excel files have same column names in different tables?

If it has same column name, it will try to merge the values to match the column values.

Just my thought

Not applicable
Author

all the excel has the same column... it's the file for monthly forecast values....

i got it working by loading one file at a time...

i don't know how, but there must be a way we can clear all the table before loading the next file...

so for the moment.. i can't use for each File in filelist ('..\*.xls')  .... next

but if anyone know the work around.. please share...

Not applicable
Author

Ok, i got it fully working...without having to reload one file by one excel...

it's due to the dropping of mapping table.. technically u can't drop a mapping table.

so intead, we give the mapping a different name.

http://community.qlik.com/message/6522#6522