Did you mean: 
djallelsadki
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Error on using QvsTunnel IE Plug-in

Hello,

Here is my problem,

I have a Qlikview server 10 that works through IIS 7

The HTTP Tunnel works, I ran a test with "http://localhost/scripts/qvtunnel.dll?test and it's ok

So i blocked the port 4747 to validate the fact that the tunneling works,

I still have the error message

"Failed to reach server: IP-...........

Switching to HTTP runneling

Connected to server OK, security settings denies access"

The same issue happens whether using Plug-in IE or Qlikview Desktop

Thanks for your help,

D.Sadki

54 Replies
Not applicable

And also, make sure to add qvstunnel.dll as an ISAPI/CGI restriction for the server.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rakkimk/archive/2007/08/17/iis7-where-is-the-web-services-extensions-option-...

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you are working with 2008 server and IIS the attached document will help you and it does work.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
djallelsadki
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you

Not applicable

Hi Djallelsadki,

So you installed QvsTunnel.dll again from QVServer installer? Was it not present earlier?

Regards,

Anosh

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, it isn't installed by default. You can do a modify and added it also.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
djallelsadki
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Nathaniel,

like Bill said you must add it at the installation

Regards,

D.S

Not applicable

Hi Bill,

If I have Qlikview web server then also should I need to install QVStunnel.dll. If I do the same with the QV 11 installer it ask me for default Access point url and some more settings related to IIS server. What should I do in that case as I am using Qlikview web server.

Thanks & Regards,

Anosh

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You do not have to install this if you are using the QlikView webserver. This is for IIS only.

Not applicable

Hi Britt,

Then what should I do if I get this error using QV web server?

Thanks,

Anosh

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

What is the error that you are seeing? If you are coming in with a FQDN from the outside you need to make sure you have the linkmachine name filled in.

Can you post a screen shot of the error?