Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhassinger
Creator
Creator

Images not showing in AJAX but appear in IE plug-in

I am bundling some images in my application like:

BUNDLE LOAD * INLINE [

CustImg, Image

green, ..\..\Images\green.png

I call them in expressions like: 'qmem://CustImg/green'

When the application is deployed on the server and reloads, I get a red X broken image with the AJAX ZFC, but the images appear just fine when viewed with the IE plug-in. Any ideas? What other details should I be providing here?

Labels (1)
6 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Can you check the properties in the missing image and post the url?

Not applicable

Hallo mhassinger,

I have exactly the same problem here. We have a IIS setup and applications with bundle loaded images. With IExplorer PlugIn everything works fine, in AJAX just red crosses as images.

All infrastrucutre components are QV 10 R4.

Anyone any ideas? The pictures just won't show up on iPads 🙂

Greetings,

Dominik

Not applicable

Ok, some news from QlikTech to this problem:

They told us, that they are not able to reproduce this problem and that we should migrate to the next QV 10 Service Release (i.e. SR5).

As at least mhassinger and me DO have this problem (and I think a lot more would have this problem, if they used the same setup), it seems, that QlikView is not as mobile ready as they try to tell us.

For me as platform responsible that means a lot of migration effort (incl. testing of all the applications) without knowing why or IF that problem will disappear.

Are there more experiences in the community about broken images in list boxes with AJAX?

Greetings,

Dominik

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Working fine here, on v11 though, and in a straight table, not a listbox Haven't tried that setup.

Not applicable

Hi Johannes,

with straight tables (something like arrow-up, arrow-down in cells), the images are also broken. Most users use the plug-in, this is why we didn't recognize this problem so far. But we are having some particular mobile application projects running at the moment, and they are seriously depending on that feature.

Greetings,

Dominik

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Are you going through a proxy server?  You might try doing a Fiddler trace and see if it shows anything. However, my guess is something on your side is stripping the images. If you open the file on the server do they show?

I have not seen this problem either.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.