Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Merging Tables

Hello,

I have been trying to figure this out for a while, I am trying to merge two tables together, one table has actual results from our  customer service reps and the other table is an excel file which has the points associated with agents actual results. For ex, if an agent has a callback score of 100, then they receive 5 points and if another agent has a call score 60 then he receives 0 points and also, if you fall anywhere in that range you still receive points. I am receiving points for some agents but not all. I think its a rounding issue but I am not positive. Please help and let me know if you would like me to provide more detail.

Thank you very much,

I have attached the QVW for your reference.

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you look at your IR / IR_Points data, you only get IR_Points where your fourth decimal digit of the fractional part is zero.

Since you are using a join in your table load and I can't see the original excel table with the mapping of IR to IR Points, I am only guessing:

Does your mapping table holds only IR data with 3 decimal digits of the fractional part?

If yes, you can try changing your line

Round(1-((UR)/(IR_Calls)),-.0001) AS IR

to

Round(1-((UR)/(IR_Calls)),-.001) AS IR

If not, I think a join is not the appropriate method to map your calculated IR values to the lookup values, a join is only mapping exactely matching (in this case numerical) values, i.e. it will match 1.2340 to 1.234 because they numerically match (assuming they have the same internal floating point representation), but not 1.2341 to 1.234.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for a very helpful response, however, I am still not getting the results that I want. Do you recommend using another statement other than a join? I am new to Qlikview, so any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks again,

Saurav

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hm, not sure if there is a better solution, a join seems ok to me.

It would be good to see the excel file that you want to join, do you mind uploading it?

And if you say, you are not getting the results you want, what exactely do you get (having changed what compared to your last file), and what do you expect?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

I used (Round(1-((UR)/(IR_Calls)),-.001) AS IR and I am still missing points for some reps. What I would like to have are points for each IR value, for each rep. I attached the excel file for your reference.

Thanks,

Saurav