Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic visual cue

Hi,

I have a pivot table.

So says,

ZONE | MONTH | SALES FIGUREs

very simple table and i need to build the visual cue, to make color coding, if sales is more than xxx values it will be green if below, it will be red.

and this xxx values are stored in excel, how can i map them?

any idea anyone? Thanks.[

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

The visual cue limit values can be expressions. Read the limit values from your excel sheet and put them in variables which you can then use in the visual cue limits.

Note that these limits will be one upper fixed value and one lower fixed value per chart, they will not follow the dimensions of the chart.

If you need something more dynamic, you can use an expression to set the foreground and background values. Click the small + sign next to the dimensions on the dimensions tab, or next to the expressions on the expressions tab. This expression will be evaluated in the chart context.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

i'm trying to write the expression but i'm not sure how can i do it.

I tried ... if (len(zone)>0, if(MONTH_SALES = MONTH_OBJECTIVE, OBJECTIVE))...

but i think it's not really it.

if you have a pseudo reference, it will help me.

Thanks.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I suggest that you post your model, or at least a sample.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

I got it working, but not in visual cue.

It's in the Expression > Text color, it's easier to do it here.

So all i need to do is a Maxstring (object_sales) , and it will pick according to the month.

otherwise visual cue will only return one value, at least, that's the only mehtod i know.

Thanks for the tips though.