Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using QV webserver or IIS ?

Hi everyone,

I have a small business edition running and i'd like to upgrade it.

At the beginning of the upgrading process, it asks me if I want to run the server on the webserver or IIS and I can't remember how it has been configured... Do you know how can I know that ?

Thanks a lot,

Damien

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Damien,

You can have both IIS and QVWS running in the same computer, and I'm assuming that this may be the case, but you want to know who's really answering to your requests. Let's make it simpler: go to the Windows button, Run Services.msc and stop QlikView Webserver. Now go to a browser and open the AccessPoint. If you see something, then it's the IIS who's answering, otherwise, it's the QVWS.

Per se, that folder means that you installed IIS in that computer, but not necessarily that it's running and listening to port 80 or whatever port you have set up for QlikView HTTP connections.

You can also run "inetmgr" that will show your IIS management console. If it does not appear or it's stopped, it's the QVWS listening and answering.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Damien,

First, and as a general rule, if you have IIS installed onto your server, this is likely the server responsing to HTTP requests. But you can go to the QlikView Management Console in v11 or Enterprise Management Console in version 10 and previous, System, About. There you will find a section called "QVWS@yourservername-here". Check there the executable file and version. If file name is QVWebServer.exe (v11) or similar you are running QVWS.

Check for the root folders as well. IIS uses by deafult C:\inetpub\ while QlikView uses C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\Web Server

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your answer.

On the administration console, I have this filename : "QVWebServerSettingsService.exe" and in the "C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC1" folder, I have all my logs...

Does it mean that I'm using the IIS ?

Thanks again in advance,

Damien

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Damien,

You can have both IIS and QVWS running in the same computer, and I'm assuming that this may be the case, but you want to know who's really answering to your requests. Let's make it simpler: go to the Windows button, Run Services.msc and stop QlikView Webserver. Now go to a browser and open the AccessPoint. If you see something, then it's the IIS who's answering, otherwise, it's the QVWS.

Per se, that folder means that you installed IIS in that computer, but not necessarily that it's running and listening to port 80 or whatever port you have set up for QlikView HTTP connections.

You can also run "inetmgr" that will show your IIS management console. If it does not appear or it's stopped, it's the QVWS listening and answering.

Hope that helps.

Miguel