Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macro parse failed. functionality was lost. CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Hi to all,

I got this message if I try to run my QV Application by the accessPoint. Using QV Server 9.

The macro runs fine, if I run it under local conditions on the server and my local computer.

From the AccessPoint I'm using the IE plugin.

In the QV Management Console I activatet the 'allow macro execution' & 'allow unsafe macro execution on server' (only for testing)
The setting in the user preferences (tab security) 'Module (Allow Create Objects And File Access) is also active.

Has someone an idea, what teh solution could be?

best regards

Stefan

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Depends on the configuration stored in the browser security settings from QV server

press CTRL+SHIFT+M and allow access to macro

remember that this setting is a cookie and will remain until u empty the cache of your browser

in that case u have to repeat this operation

best regards

marcus_sommer

In general a "CreateObject" statement worked within the IE plugin. In your case it will be blocked by some security settings - maybe the protected mode within the IE is enabled, ActiveX is blocked, the qv server settings aren't set properly, ... - but I assume it's rather on the user-side then on the server-side.

- Marcus