Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple Select

Hi Everyone,

I have just installed QV 11 and have a working model up and running!

When I choose a dimension that I want to make multiple selections on while holding the ctrl button when the last selection disappears off the screen and you select the next option it seems to lose the previous one selection.  I know that it is not an issue with the ctrl button (or me, i think) because other selections will remain when I make the selections that are visible to me.

Any help appreciated!

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vdacanay
Contributor II
Contributor II

In v11 SR1 AJAX client, making a selection while holding down CTRL to make a multi-select and then using the scroll bar in the selection box (while keeping CTRL pressed) will toggle off the last selection you've made.  This is an open bug with the v11 SR1. 

This bug is evident any of the Qlikview Demos available, using the current service release and the AJAX client.  The bug does not manifest in the desktop version.  The bug was introduced in the first v11 service release and is still there in the re-released service release.  v11 Initial Release does not have this bug. I installed the current download of the v11 Initial Release.  I was able to do this without uninstalling SR1.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Paul,

Do you mean that, if you use different listboxes, even holding Ctrl key, the selections you do are lost? Is there any chance that you are selecting both possible (white) and excluded (grey) values, so the listbox only keeps possible values? Do you have any listbox set up to have always one value selected?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel for the quick response

I am using the same list box and I am only selecting white (Associated data) - if i make 4 selections then scroll down a bit to they disappear and then make a fifth selection the fourth selection highlighted is not included but the first three and last one is.  Very strange

Thanks again

Paul

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Paul,

What client are you using (Desktop, Plugin, Ajax)? Are you holding Ctrl while you scroll down?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I am using a plugin to chrome.  I was holding ctrl while I scroll.  I have not experienced the same problem with the client in v10 but am not sure if this is an issue with the plugin, issue with v11 or I am doing something wrong.

Thanks

Paul

vdacanay
Contributor II
Contributor II

In v11 SR1 AJAX client, making a selection while holding down CTRL to make a multi-select and then using the scroll bar in the selection box (while keeping CTRL pressed) will toggle off the last selection you've made.  This is an open bug with the v11 SR1. 

This bug is evident any of the Qlikview Demos available, using the current service release and the AJAX client.  The bug does not manifest in the desktop version.  The bug was introduced in the first v11 service release and is still there in the re-released service release.  v11 Initial Release does not have this bug. I installed the current download of the v11 Initial Release.  I was able to do this without uninstalling SR1.