Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Template won't save data after reload. Losing data

Hey,

I have a table that retrieves batch codes and the date they were receipted into stock. I then have a spreadsheet that has a list of item codes, batch codes and release dates. The template is used to log the number of days it takes an item/batch to be released for use.

My problem is that the table looks fine once I reload the data, but once I save it and close Qlikview, once I open it again it loses most of the data.

For some reason it is only showing a set of codes A-WZ, and changing the year etc doesn't matter. It keeps that set of codes. But when I reload it will show the full set.

This is what it looks like before I click reload each time I open it.

Before reload.jpg

And this is what it looks like after I reload it. Notice it brings in the full set of item codes starting at "1". It looks fine here, but once I save it and reopen it, it reverts back to looking like the picture above with most of the data missing.

After Reload.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas about what would cause this? If there are any other screenshots I can take to help figure out the problem, just let me know.

(Also note. Im new to QV and not very talented with the coding etc.)

5 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Try going into Settings > Document Properties and unchecking "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access" (I have also attached a screen shot of this).

DocumentProperties.png

Not applicable
Author

Thank you. That appears to have solved the issue.

Any chance you could explain why this setting caused that problem? Just so I know for future reference.

I will be adding this tab to a file that already has numerous other tabs full of data, what effect would turning this option off have on the other tabs?

Nicole-Smith

If you have "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access" checked, the user will only be able to see information on the dashboard that they have been given rights to see in Section Access.  Having it unchecked will show all information for all users of the dashboard.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry if Im looking at this wrong, I may have the wrong end of the stick, but I seem to have a problem with this.

Im using Qlikview designer/developer mode. I have the software installed on my PC. I have no security rights set against my log in, so I should be able to see everything when I open it I'd guess, but I can't unless I turn this option off or reload the data when I open it.

But we also have other users who use the same template, but with security set against their log-in so they only have access to certain information. But having this option unchecked, they would now have access to the whole template and all the data when they log in through the online service.

There are certain users with unrestricted access to all the data though, so when they log in they are able to see everything.

Its not making sense to me. Shouldn't I be able to leave this option checked, but have the template work off the security rights that we set up. So people with unrestricted access can see all the data when they log in or open it (eg. Me)?

Nicole-Smith

Everything you said is completely correct.  I (like you) develop dashboards where there are some users that can see everything but others that can only see certain information, so I have to leave the option as checked (and you should as well).  I'm assuming that there is something wrong with the way that your Section Access is set up that you aren't able to see everything when the option is checked.