Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How overlay two graphic with different dimension?

I would like to draw these two graphics together without reload data (It's difficult to create a commune dimension: I have two similar dimensions and tho similars metrics)

Is it posible?

Thank you very much!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You could also concatenate the tables together (you would have to rename the date fields to have the same name). This would also allow you to easily determine total spend or earn counts by user and/or date.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't understand it completely. You don't want load the dimension dates but you wanted to created the dates dynamically, is this right? Please can you explain in detail.

Thanks,

DV

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for my poor English, I'm trying to improve it

My problem is that I have two tables like this:

table 1

iduser

date_earning

cash_earning

table 2

iduser

date_spending

cash_spending

and other tables with iduser...

If I have to do a simple chart with sum(cash_earning) by data_earning or sum(cash_spending) by data_spending I wouldn't have problem (attached charts)

My problem appears when I try to put this two charts together in one simple chart because if I chose "data_earning" from table 1, sum(cash_spending) don't work and viceversa.

Anyway I found a solution to solve and avoid cartessian product... I load the tables two times, once with the right name dimension: data_earning and data_spending and other renaming these two dimension as "date"

I use the new date dimension to put sum(cash_earning) and sum(cash_spending) together (join tables by iduser and new date dimension)

I'm happy because I resolve it but I think that perhaps isn't necessary to load two times the same data.

I hope you understand me

Thank you!

Agustín

Not applicable
Author

Hi cannolade...

If you want to show the both trends in single chart with same dimension then select the combo chart and use both the expressions in a single chart . Hope this works..

regards,

Susvith Reddy

Nicole-Smith

In my attached example, I joined the two tables together without having to load them twice.  I believe this gives your desired result.  Hopefully this is helpful for you!

Not applicable
Author

You could also concatenate the tables together (you would have to rename the date fields to have the same name). This would also allow you to easily determine total spend or earn counts by user and/or date.