Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List Box to Show Zero Qty

I have a simple list box using WeekYear (1-2012, 2-2012, etc) for the General Field and Sum(quantity) for the expression, which is the sum of the sales orders for that week. By default, I'm guessing, the the List Box shows only those weeks with greater than zero quantity in the window.  I would like to show the zero qty, as well.

18 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

One of the tabs (presentation?) has a checkbox for Suppress Zero Values. This is ticked by default - untick it.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

I find no Suppress Zero Value checkbox in any of the List Box tabs?! JPT

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry - I misread your original post!  You are right - there is no option to do this in a list box.  However, zeros should not be hidden either - are you sure there are actually WeekYear values presentin the data which have zero quantity?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, in fact, if I scroll down into the shaded area of the list box, I see zero values in the very weeks that I’d like shown in the white area. JPT

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Oh hang on!  Are you saying you want to make some selections that will push some WeekYear values into grey (i.e. not associated to current selections) but still want the Sum(Quantity) to show in the listbox?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, they are associated with the WeekYear selection, but because they’re zero, they don’t show up in the white area, only in the grey. JPT

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

That doesn't sound right. Can you post your app?

Not applicable
Author

I’m not sure how to do that on the forum (I tried to attach it, but it’s too big). JPT

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Reduce the data by making some selections then File > Reduce Data.  Then save and post.