Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List Box to Show Zero Qty

I have a simple list box using WeekYear (1-2012, 2-2012, etc) for the General Field and Sum(quantity) for the expression, which is the sum of the sales orders for that week. By default, I'm guessing, the the List Box shows only those weeks with greater than zero quantity in the window.  I would like to show the zero qty, as well.

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Here’s what I think is a cut-down version. Number 10393-01 is selected, it should display, among other things, WeekYears with their associated sales quantity for that week. What I need it to do is have each WeekYear show up in the Sales Qty by WeekYear box, whether zero or not, if that makes sense (we actually need to see that no orders were made during that week). JPT

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I meant the qvw file.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, mis-selected the file. JPT

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Why do you want to show them in the white area instead of gray? There is nothing associated with those weeks, it would seem to be confusing to show them as white.

As an alternative you could make a straight table with all weeks.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

I want it to show all Week-Years with their associated sales quantity, whether zero amount or not. JPT

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

What if a user selects January2012? Do you still want a list of all MonthYears? And if so, should the totals for all rows except Jan2012 be zero, or should the totals for all months completely ignore user selections? Either way, Rob's suggestion of a straight table is probably the best on for you. If you want all months shown always but the totals dependent upon user selections then just tick the Show All Values box in the dimension tab and untick the suppress zero values in the presentation tab. If you want the totals to completely ignore user selections then instead of Sum(Sales) use Sum({1} Sales).

Jason

Not applicable
Author

I would expect the box to show only the WeekYears for January 2012, but all of them, whether zero or not. JPT

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

What did you reduce the data on before posting?  Is it possible to clear and unlock all selections, just select Year = 2012 (from the master calendar field, Year) and post again?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help. I realized that the I already have the information in one of my pivot tables. JPT