Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMS API - return DocumentFolder from a path string

I have a simple question about the QMS API.

I have the path for a source document folder and I want to return the DocumentFolder object by just having the string with this path.

The method GetDocumentFolder requires two parameters: a Guid and a Scope and I do not have the Guid. Actually I want the Guid but I have only the path as a string.

Is this simple task possible?

By the way, I have installed QV and QV Server/Publisher 11 SR1.

5 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You need a guid, look at a complete sample on how to access the QMS API.

Guid is not related to the folder but to the service.

Not applicable
Author

The samples are too simple, as usual. They do not help on what I am doing, as usual. Anyway, thank you for answering. I think I am close to the solutiuon.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I agree about the lack of more complex samples, it seemed to me you were a bit lost trying to get the guid, something that is done correctly in the samples.

Not applicable
Author

What you have to do is GetSourceDocumentFolders() by supplying the Guid for the QDS and then the scope of the Source Documents.  This will return all Source Document folders and then you will just have to loop through them to find the one that you want.  In there, you will find the Guid for each document and you will be able to find the path.

Not applicable
Author

What you have to do is GetSourceDocumentFolders() by supplying the Guid for the QDS and then the scope of the Source Documents.  This will return all Source Document folders and then you will just have to loop through them to find the one that you want.  In there, you will find the Guid for each document and you will be able to find the path.