Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot table allocated memory exceeded

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to disable few expression from my chart.

But as  I do it, this error messag pops out "Allocated memory exceeded:.

Did anyone come up with this issue? and if yes, can you please suggest what

needs to be done.

Thanks.

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Usually this issue is a result of some calculation that is just too much for QlikView or the result is "not calculable" within your parameters.  You might have either a standard expression, calculated dimension or formatting expression that is causing an issue.  The thing that bothers me about your question is that you are simply disabling expressions.  I would not think that would cause an issue usually unless you have some other expression that refers to the expression you are disabling.

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

I have a "conditional" error "Allocated memory exceeded" in Pivot (with 2 dimensions one of which is calculatable):

1. In Access Point - it does not appear when all dimensions are in rows and appears right after dragging of the calculated dimension from rows to columns

2. In QV Desktop - it does not appear at all

...believe you or not. Thinking how to avoid such a displaying, namely change the wishful view to something else without lost of representation.

Best regards,

Maxim

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bikash,

I had this issue when i develop trend analysis. I had written some expression in the dimension which was given this memory exceed error, then i brought this expression in query itself to avoid this error and it worked fine. I would suggest you to bring your dimension calculation in query itself to avoid this issue.

Regards,

Raju

Not applicable
Author

I had a similar problem with a very small table - 392 rows by 10 columns, so no way that memory was exceeded on my 16GBRAM machine!

However, Raju is on to something - my last dimension was calculated and would not display in a pivot table ("allocated memory exceeded") but would display fine in a straight table. I took Raju's suggestion, and moved the 'mixmatch' function into the script. Bingo! The pivot table now displays without issue.