Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonikajain
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

concatenated tables problem

Dear all,

I have two inline tables concatenated in my data model. These have 2 columns B,C common amongst A B C D.
Now, for some reason, I want to find the sum of D for each A.

I know this may be one of the basic concepts, but am new to Qlikview, and am struggling with it.Please help. Sample QVW file also attached.

Sample Data:

[table1]:
LOAD * INLINE [
A, B, C
1, 2, 3
4, 5, 6
7, 8, 9
10, 11, 12
1, 2, 3
];

Concatenate
LOAD * INLINE [
B, C, D
2, 3, 20
5, 6, 21
8, 9, 22
11, 12, 23
2, 3, 24
7, 8, 25
9 , 10, 26
];

Suggestions awaited.
Thanks in Advance.

5 Replies
Not applicable

HI,

If you want to use concatenate just remove blank row before concatenate.

I dont thing concatenate will serve your purpose.

Instead of concatenate use join.

Regards

Ankur

Not applicable

Find the attached file for conactenate

Not applicable

Hi Sonika,

Remove concatenate and load data into you QV application. let the join be created upon column B, C.

A synthetic table will get created which you can avoide creating B+C or autonumberhash function.

See the attached snapshot ConcatenateEg1 which shows that your data is concatenated and you cannot get sum of D for A because for that there is no A present.

Also see the 2nd snapshot in which now you can get the sum(D) for A.

Hope this help,

Anosh

sonikajain
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi all,

I understand that join or an association will take me to somewhere close, but my datamodel has been designed to use concat only. Please help me in this using concatanation....

Not applicable

Hi Sonika,

As I have explained in my example there should be some values present in A column against D values to do the aggregation but in concatenation it is not getting happen. Please provide any other example of your datamodel in which you are having some values of A against D. Then only you will be able to aggregate it.

Hope this help,

Anosh