Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload and save using command line

Hi to everyone,

I'm trying to update my qvw files using a batch file. I have two of them one for the data and one for the securty, so my  simple batch file looks like this

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /r Data.qvw

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /r Security.qvw

The security file makes a binary import of the data one.

It works only if I let the "Save Document" and "Reload" permission checked under Document properties -> Security, and this is something I don't want to allow to the USERS

Any idea?

thank you for the help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Make sure you are allowing binary reloads in both documents, Settings, Document Properties, Opening tab, uncheck "Prohibit Binary Load".

Make sure that the check "Admin Overrides Security" is also checked in the Document Properties, Security tab, and that the user running the batch has ADMIN access.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Mauro and Welcome to the QlikCommunity!

If you want to differentiate between document user and admins you will need to use section access in your document. Check this thread that goes along the process of building a batch file and a section access accordingly to this principle.

All users in section access table with ADMIN value in the ACCESS field will be able to open, edit, and save the document. However, users with USER value in ACCESS field will only be granted with those permissions you have set up for users in the Security tab of the Document Properties in the Settings menu.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

thank you for your replay.

This is the same thread I read to build my batch file . In fact I added my user under NTNAME  as ADMIN and I'm not prompted for login while the batch file is running.

I have a section access in my qvw but if I uncheck del two properties I described before because I don't wont USER can be able to do save o reload data, the batch file does not work. No error is raised but I don't have the security file updated.

Thank you

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Make sure you are allowing binary reloads in both documents, Settings, Document Properties, Opening tab, uncheck "Prohibit Binary Load".

Make sure that the check "Admin Overrides Security" is also checked in the Document Properties, Security tab, and that the user running the batch has ADMIN access.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Miguel it definitely was "Admin Overrides Security" to be checked. Now it works!

Mauro