Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing Script

I have had a Qlikview app running on the scheduler for a while, for distribution via Accesspoint, but I now need to debug the script behind it to fix a problem. The issue I have is, once I open the app anywhere since the scheduler load, the script is is blank. As standard practice, we do not hide the script in the app, so there must be a setting somewhere in the scheduler/publisher tool that disables the script (i'm not that well versed with that side of things), and now it is causing a problem for me.

Is there any way to reinstate the script so that I can see it?

It looks like we're going to revisit our practices, to ensure we keep hold of development copies and don't overwrite them, but that doesn't help me at the moment.

Many thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Published documents do not contain script, only data (tables, fields and variables) and layout (charts, sheets, objects). That's the expected behavior for Publisher and is not an option to modify, for the time being. If you want to make changes to the script, you should to to the Source Documents folder instead of the User Documents folder. Source Documents are those development that are reloaded, distributed, reduced, etc.

User Documents are those who are on the frontend (AccessPoint) so the users can get to them, open them, collaborate and so.

So you need to check for the source document in order to modify the script.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Published documents do not contain script, only data (tables, fields and variables) and layout (charts, sheets, objects). That's the expected behavior for Publisher and is not an option to modify, for the time being. If you want to make changes to the script, you should to to the Source Documents folder instead of the User Documents folder. Source Documents are those development that are reloaded, distributed, reduced, etc.

User Documents are those who are on the frontend (AccessPoint) so the users can get to them, open them, collaborate and so.

So you need to check for the source document in order to modify the script.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. This helps explain it, but it also raises some serious questions regarding our own set-up here. Looks like there's a crossover in our Source and User Documents (i.e. they're both the same) and this is what has caused my headache this morning.

We have a development server, where nothing gets published as such, but it looks like, in copying back a production document, we've overwritten the development copy.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Unfortunately in my experience, that's not so unsual: making Publisher act as if Publisher wasn't there. Without Publisher, there's only one folder, set up in the QEMC v10 / QMC v11 in the System, Setup, QlikView Servers, Folders tab. The Source Documents folder, however, is set in the System, Setup, Distribution Services, General tab.

One of the Publisher basis assumes is that there is a backend that for security reasons is not available for users but it is for developers or IT people, where the documents are with their correspoding scripts. Then, there is a frontend, that by means of AccessPoint allows users to see their published, reloaded, distributed, reduced QlikView documents.

But of course, both folders may be the same as your case, so certainly the reload and publishing overwrites the original file.

Hope that has shed some light and help on setting up your environment.

Miguel