Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV 11 - Loadscript hangs

Hi,

i have a problem with my loadingscript. i try to load from 4 excel-files, 1 mysql db and 1 qvd-file.

my problem is, that after running the script (also after running the debugger) qv hangs. the syntaxcheck doesn't find a issue. the debugger runs the whole script without any error. it only says "script done".

as i told befor,  qv hangs after running the script. i can store qvd-files without a problem.

Soeren

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

i fixed the problem. i had a unused temp-table which had an neverending loop. i deleted the table and now it works

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Soeren,

It sounds like if something else was happening after the execution of the script, and that is usually when QlikView creates links between tables after they have been all loaded. There as a special case: synthetic tables (you will identify them in the Table Viewer or Ctrl + T because they are preceded by $Syn). This happens whenever the script loads two or more tables with two or more fields named alike. These tables don't do any harm necessarily when they are created on purpose (which I should admit, is not very often).

This may happen when there are loops (two different ways to get from one table to another).

Check that your data model is correct and that there are no more than one field linking two tables. Use labels before the LOAD statement to help you and further developments in that aspect.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

i don't think that there is a problem with synthetic tables, because synthetic tables should be generated in a few secondes/minutes. i have only 25k datasets where only one number is used as key. in another script i have 500k datasets and there is no problem.

i already use the qualify/unqualify command to create unique data.

the confusing thing is, that the scriptdebugger tells me, that the script is complete sucessful executeted.

Soeren

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Soeren,

Another tip: try deleting your QVD files and let the script recreate them. Sometimes files get corrupted or they are already opened by any other service (i.e.: Antivirus) and although the script has run OK the file cannot be saved properly because of lack of permissions or file is in use.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

i deleted the files and let the script recreate them -> no change.

now, i will run the script over night. maybe it will finish till tomorrow (hope so).

Soeren

Not applicable
Author

After two days of script running i killed the script. i think i have to recreate the whole script.

Not applicable
Author

i fixed the problem. i had a unused temp-table which had an neverending loop. i deleted the table and now it works

gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II

Wow - you just saved my computer from being thrown against the wall...

Thanks.