Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with sorting!

Hey!

Let say i have a worked hours, and payed hours in execel as two collums. Lets also say i have a date collum with the date, for example, 2011-01-31, lets also say that i have a collum month.

Worked hour      Payed hours      Date                                Month

4                               4               2011-01-02                      Jan

5                               3               2011-03-31                      Mars

6                               6               2011-01-31                      Jan

7                               5               2011-02-24                      Feb

Now i want to plot this, and thats no problem, i use the Moth as dimention. And use tree functions, sum(Worked hour), sum(Payed hours).

Then I make a list with the dates and month so i can choose between them.

My problem is how to sort the x-axis of the diagram and the month list. I want ofc Jan,Feb,Mars. But i get Jan, Mars, Feb.

Quite hard to explain but I hope someone understans. (I use the loadorder from execel)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kji
Employee
Employee

You can put a 1 column table at the beginning of the script with the Months in your preferred order and then use the "Load Order" sort option.

LOAD * INLINE [

Month

Jan

Feb

Mar

];

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kji
Employee
Employee

You can put a 1 column table at the beginning of the script with the Months in your preferred order and then use the "Load Order" sort option.

LOAD * INLINE [

Month

Jan

Feb

Mar

];

Not applicable
Author

Sweet, so the load order takes the first one, sweet. Now it works!

manisha_uit
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Go to the chart properties -> Sort

Select expression in the sort order and write the following code there:

=Match(Month, $(=chr(39) & Replace(MonthNames, ';', chr(39) & ',' & chr(39)) & chr(39)))

This will sort your month in the proper order

Thanks

Manisha Choudhary

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the tip about sorting months.  After creating INLINE, what's next?

Thanks.

Don