Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Virtual Out Of Memory Error While Saving the Document

Hi All,

I am facing virtual out of memory error while saving the document. I am trying to save the document in other location, but I got the same error.

Please provide your thoughts how to overcome this.

Thanks & Regards,

Siri

4 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

What is the file size you are trying to save, how much RAM is in the PC?  what OS are you running and is it 64 or 32 bit?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Thanks for You Reply.

The Document size is 200MB and I have 3GB RAM on my PC and I am running Windows XP and 32 bit.

Thanks,

Siri

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hmmm...   Kind of light on the RAM.  I would think that there is something taking up some RAM and memory usage is moving over to a Page File. You PAge File must be small, or being used as well, and that is what is causing the issue. Try Comenting out as much data as you can, save, then move the file and see if that works.  once the file is in its' new location, uncomment everything and refresh again.

Not sure what else to do....

Let me know how it goes.

john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Siri.

I would suggest tuning the application.

Use QVOptimizer to determine which fields are using the most memory.  See if you can reduce the memory usage on these fields (eg. if a timestamp is used and only the date portion is required, remove the time in the load scripts or see if you can split up uniuqe fields).  I have attached a copy of QvOptimizer.  Instructions on how to use it are on the Introduction sheet.

Also, go to robwunderlich.com and download documentanalyzer.  This tool can be used to determine what fileds are actually used in the application.  If a field is not used, remove it.  This is a great tool.  I use it all the time.

John.