Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Combo Chart with two Y axes and Calculated Expressions

Hello,

I am trying to build a chart like the image attached.

I created a pivot table as first then I thougth it would be easy to generate the chart but I can't figure it out.

In the pivot table I have 3 Measures from the source, and I created to calculated expressions:

1 - RangeAvg(Before(SUM([STH $]),0,13))

2 - Sum ([INV $])/RangeAvg(Before(SUM([STH $]),0,13))

#1 will return the average sales amount for the current week and 12 weeks before

#2 will use the Inventory and divide that by the result of expression #1 that will return my weeks of inventory

Once I create the Combo chart, I can not find a way do display both #1 & #2 exprssions, as lines... besided I need the Shipments $ & Sales $ bars

I need two Y axes, in the left the Sales $ and in the right the #2 expression

Is this possible in QlikView?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mongepor,

Hope you are well, In the properties of your chart there is a tab labeled Axes.  In this tab will be a box labeled the "Expression Axes" (similar to a Y Axis) and here you can select which Expressions you want to have on the Axes and which you don't by selecting the expression and checking or unchecking the box labeled "Hide Axis". 

In the same "Axes" tab you can also specify which side of the chart you want the expression axis on in a box labeled "Position" where you can select if you want the select axis on positioned on the Left (bottom) or Right (top).  

You will probably want to hide all the axes' that you don't want to show, but that should allow you to have to unrelated line's on two seperate axes. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mongepor,

Hope you are well, In the properties of your chart there is a tab labeled Axes.  In this tab will be a box labeled the "Expression Axes" (similar to a Y Axis) and here you can select which Expressions you want to have on the Axes and which you don't by selecting the expression and checking or unchecking the box labeled "Hide Axis". 

In the same "Axes" tab you can also specify which side of the chart you want the expression axis on in a box labeled "Position" where you can select if you want the select axis on positioned on the Left (bottom) or Right (top).  

You will probably want to hide all the axes' that you don't want to show, but that should allow you to have to unrelated line's on two seperate axes. 

Not applicable
Author

I have tried that and it did work...

I guess the mayor issue here is that QlikView is not displaying graphically the expressions I have created.

1 - RangeAvg(Before(SUM([STH $]),0,13))

2 - Sum ([INV $])/RangeAvg(Before(SUM([STH $]),0,13))

Even QlikView performs the calculation, it looks like it does not understand how to put it into the graphic.

Not applicable
Author

I move the Dimension (Weeks) to the Row Labels and the Values to the Column Lables, and then the lines were displayed.

Also I had to tweak the formulas a little bit:

1 - RangeAvg(Above(SUM([STH $]),0,13))

2 - Sum ([INV $])/RangeAvg(Above(SUM([STH $]),0,13))

Replaced the Before for Above