cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonikajain
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

how to fix the size of scrollbar for a sheet

Please advise on fixing the size of scroll bar (size of sheet) for a particular sheet in a document.

6 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I'm not sure what you mean by your subject.

I am attaching a sample application that allows the user to zoom in and out on the sheet.

sonikajain
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi...

the scenario is , I have 22 tables in a sheet, displayed conditionally.

Lets say, on pressing button1 , 20 get displayed, on pressing button 2, only 2 are to be displayed. In this case, the size of my sheet is still to accomodate 20 charts, the scroll bar size remains the same , which leads to extra space.

I need to get rid of this extra space.Please advise

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

If a sheet has a scroll bar, it is because the objects on the sheet don't fit in the visible area. Hiding the objects has no effect on this behavior.

I can think of two approachs that might work. Both involve writing code.

One is: when the objects are hidden, minimize them. Their minimized icons can be located in the visble screen area, which should remove the scroll bar. (I just did a quick test. Minimizing doesn't work)

The other is: when the objects are hidden, move them into the visible screen area. This would require additional code to move them back to their viewing positions when they become visible.

sonikajain
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

hi...I had tried to minimise the objects but in that case too the area on the screen remains occupied and so , scroll bar does not get changed...

I am trying the secind approach now...but am facing difficulites in how would I move the objects to thier actual position again

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I suggest creating variables to store the locations of each object.

vCH01Xval

vCH01Yval

sonikajain
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

thanks..!!!