cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis question

Hello,

I've got a straight forward question.

When I select an EVENT I want to see it's score (upper gauge). (=avg(SCORE)

In the lower gauge want to see the mean for the TYPE of event (A or B) when I select a EVENT for benchmarking.

I tought I just need this: =avg(($(TYPE) var588)), but apparently it is not.

Could someone help me out? It sounds easy, but I can not make it work.

Schermafbeelding 2012-05-29 om 14.28.58.png

Schermafbeelding 2012-05-29 om 14.32.01.png

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

So, if i understand you correctly:

If you select e.g. event 1, you'd like to see the mean of all rows with type A?

And if you select e.g. event 5, you'd like to see the mean of all rows with type B?

What if you select two event that fall in two types? E.g. a selection of event 1 and 4?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, you understood me right.

When two events of the two types are selected, the total mean of all Scores needs to be shown.

I tried this one and seems to work?

=avg({1<EVENT=, TYPE=P(TYPE)>} SCORE)

I'd like to hear your opinion on this one.

Kinds regards,

Tim

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tim,

Yes, you're correct by using that function (P() = Possible). You can even use the following:

=avg({1<TYPE=P(TYPE)>} SCORE)

Kind regards,

Michel

PS: Some more examples from the documentation of this function:

sum( {$<Customer = P({1<Product={‘Shoe’}>} Customer)>} Sales )
returns the sales for current selection, but only those customers that ever have bought the product ‘Shoe’. The element function P( ) here returns a list of possible customers; those that are implied by the selection ‘Shoe’ in the field Product.

sum( {$<Customer = P({1<Product={‘Shoe’}>})>} Sales )
same as above. If the field in the element function is omitted, the function will return the possible values of the field specified in the outer assignment.

sum( {$<Customer = P({1<Product={‘Shoe’}>} Supplier)>} Sales )
returns the sales for current selection, but only those customers that ever have supplied the product ‘Shoe’. The element function P( ) here returns a list of possible suppliers; those that are implied by the selection ‘Shoe’ in the field Product. The list of suppliers is then used as a selection in the field Customer.

sum( {$<Customer = E({1<Product={‘Shoe’}>})>} Sales )
returns the sales for current selection, but only those customers that never bought the product ‘Shoe’. The element function E( ) here returns the list of excluded customers; those that are excluded by the selection ‘Shoe’ in the field Product.