Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi all, I'm getting something pretty odd. While attempting to do a Simple Reduce on a document, I'm getting the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." It appears that this issue only happens on the larger documents. When doing a reduce on smaller objects <5 gigs, I don't have an issue. On multiple documents that are larger, >10gigs, the error appears on both.

Has anybody experienced this? Is there a size limitation on the documents when doing a reduce?

Thanks Rob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Assuming you don't have any performance restrictions on Publisher, it sounds like you may have found a new Pub bug. Support may be able to help: support@qlik.com

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, good luck!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Hi, Rob. Is this a Publisher reduce or a Desktop reduce? Where does the error message appear? I'm not aware of any limitations on document size for reductions either way. Also, what version are you using, v9 SR7?

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

This is a publisher reduce. I get a popup from the QEMC that displays the error. We're running v9 SR7 with Windows 2008 server.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Does it work to do the same reduce in Desktop? When you say that it works for docs under 5GB, do you mean the same doc with less data or a different doc altogether (which is probably not a good test)?

Not applicable
Author

Both.

If I have our main document fully loaded, and try to pust the 'Open Document" button on the reduce tab, it displays the error (after the time it takes to populate the QVB).

However, when I reduce it down to only a handfull of clients and push the 'Open Document' button on the reduce tab of publisher, on the same task that gives me the error with the fully loaded doc... then it comes back fine and reduces.

Wierd, and yes, the fully loaded document reduces fine on the desktop.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Assuming you don't have any performance restrictions on Publisher, it sounds like you may have found a new Pub bug. Support may be able to help: support@qlik.com

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, good luck!

Not applicable
Author

No worries, thanks Vlad.