Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gussfish
Creator II
Creator II

Very slow performance on QEMC Document CALs page

The document CALs page of QEMC in QV10 is driving me around the bend!  Every time I modify something on it for some of my user documents  (e.g. add or remove an Assigned User, without even pressing 'Apply'), it is then unresponsive (giving me the hourglass) for the next 60 seconds!  At the moment, I'm removing a number of Assigned Users, and it's taking 60seconds x number of users + another 60 seconds for the Apply button.

Any ideas why it might be being so slow?

Thanks,

Angus.

4 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

How large is the share file for that application?

gussfish
Creator II
Creator II
Author

2MB and 6MB for the documents in question - which is, I note, more than 10x bigger than any of our other .SHARED files.  I'm guessing that you would suggest this to be the problem, in which case I now need to ask: what influences the size of these files, and what can I do to reduce them?

Thanks,

Angus.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Angus,

Those SHARED files store all relevant information regarding collaboration objects, bookmarks, session recovery bookmarks, notes and anything else created by the user. Therefore, if there are a lot of users in a shared / collaboration environment, I'd say there's little more you can do.

Anyway, check the QlikView Power Tools, specifically the Shared File Viewer so you can check what those SHARED files have. This tool can "defrag" these files as well.

By the way, how large are the META files for those QVW? Are you using DMS or NTFS authentication?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Share file in your case doesn't look that big, you can try removing it and see if it works better, you can put it back later or copy both files (QVW & SHARE) see if it's still slow, remove the share file and try it again.