Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Multiple Clients

Hi,

Is it possible to identify which client is opening an application? I'd like to deploy a single QlikView file with different sheets (and maybe objects) for different clients (iPad, Blackberry and Ajax). So, it would be great to put it on a variable and check it to make sheets visible or invisible.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Erich

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Erich,

Try a combination of ClientPlatform() and QlikViewVersion() functions to see if that is enough to identify your users.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi, This is possible to implement using SECTION ACCESS. Go though it from Qlikview Reference Manual, that will help. Even there are many posts in the forum itself discussing about same, you can search for it.

Regards, tresesco

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

I'm sorry but I can not identify if the same user opens the application from iPhone client or blackberry using section access.

The problem is not access to data but only format.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Erich,

Try a combination of ClientPlatform() and QlikViewVersion() functions to see if that is enough to identify your users.

Hope that helps.

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

It worked perfecly:

These are my results for ClientPlatform()

- Qlikview Desktop: blank

- Ajax: browser.MSIE 7.0 (it will depend on the browser)

- Blackberry: mobile.blackberry

- iPhone/iPad: mobile.iphone.

Thanks a lot!

Erich

markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Has anyone here been able to connect to a QV Server (v10 SR2) using authentication (DMS) on an Android device?

I've tried and keep getting the login box popping back up and then to a login failed screen.

I've tried on an Acer Iconia and a HTC Ispire phone.

I can get to the demo apps, where there is no authentication without any problems.

Thanks,

Mark

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

hello erich,

where to check this

ClientPlatform()

please let me know

and how to check for mobile device client availability on server .

Thanks

Sunil Chauhan

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable

Is there a way to distinguish between iPhone and iPad? They both seem to be coming up as Safari Mobile?