Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Grouping parts of dimensions as other in pivot tables

Hi,

I have a problem with grouping a customer dimension in a other post in my sales forecast pivot tables. I always want to keep the same 9 customers + an other post with the rest customers in my pivots.

In stacked bar charts I can do this by limiting the customer in the presentation tab. The same with pie charts where I both can limit the number of slices or set a percentage as gate.

How can I do this in the best way for pivot tables?

Thanks for your help

7 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The suggestions and solution in this thread should help you:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/53546

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

Yes, I saw this thread but the difference is that I don't want unselected customers to be grouped into others. I want a defined subset of the selected customer to be grouped into others.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

How do you define which customers are in the subset of currently selected customers?

Not applicable
Author

Either a pre-defined number of customer's (Key customers) and the rest is others or by size. Example; everything below X USD per year is grouped to others.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If the pre-defined list is not dependent on user selections, then flagging them in the script is probably the best way forward.

Can you provide an example of a list of customers and how you want them group on a chart as I'm not sure I follow.

Jason

Not applicable
Author

The table below is a typical example how it looks today.Customer A-D I want to display as is and customer E-H grouped as others without making any selections in the cuustomer field. 

Customer Sales Table.png

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry for the delay mate - I've been swamped lately! I'll try and revisit this today for you.

Jason