Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selectable Measures

Hello to anybody

I just built a dashboard. Now I am looking for a solution for the following problem

Situation

• I have several elements in my dashboards (diagramms and tables)
  • The formula / expression to callculate the value (measure) is not a simple aggregation. Rather it's a expression like
    sum(Weighting-Factor * Rating) / sum(Weighting-Factor) --> Weighted Average Rating.
  • Sometimes I need other measures like avg(Rating) --> Average Rating Without Weighting
  • If I need the other measures, then I need it for all my elements in the dashboard at the same time

Objective: I can select the needed measure in a drop-down box on the dashboard. All the elements on the dashboard use the selected measure.

Questions: How can I reach the objective? What do I have to implement?

• Step 1: How can I store my expressions in variables, which can be simply used in several elements (without anytime typing in the whole expression)?
  • Step 2: How can I implement the drop-down box to select the measures for all my elements?

Thank you very much for your help.

Greetings

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Attached is an example in which I placed SUM and AVERAGE functions in a variable and then used the variable in the expressions of two charts.

Pls observe how the content and title of the two charts change, as you make a selection in the 'Formula' list box.

I hope it helps.

best regards,

http://quickdevtips.blogspot.com/